So late Friday night I asked 5 questions to any one that cared about how scared and/or bored I was home alone and one of the questions I asked you; what is your favourite dessert?? – some of you even attached links and directions [it’s not like I demanded it or anything] and I thank all of you for that. As most of you know I am a cheesecake lover and so I thought the first recipe I’d try to tackle was the one Patty told me about, pumpkin cheesecake [original recipe] she told me it would turn out looking better than the featured picture and boy was she right 😀
So without further ado – what does that mean?!?! let’s get started on the FIRST of many “Recipes from Readers” Post. Why would you want a recipe typed out so orderly and legible when you can stop by here and get a more interesting version…..exactly, you wouldn’t.
So get going and PRE-HEAT your ovens to 325F and grab the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (buy them or put crackers in ziplock bag and roll them /w rolling pin or SMASH them)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 – 8oz packages of cream cheese (NOW I know why mine isn’t as “full” I didn’t read properly and only put in ONE)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of cloves (I didn’t have any so I omitted)
Then press them into a 9-inch UNGREASED pie plate (or cake pan in my case) and throw in the fridge for 30 mins.
While you’re waiting you can make the cake part so grab your mixer or whatever you’re using and throw in the 2!!! packages of cream cheese (not 1 ALISON, 2!), vanilla and sugar – mix until it looks something like this – but better b/c you’ll have read the directions properly.
ADD eggs ONE AT A TIME and make sure your mixer is set on slow stop once the eggs are mixed in well (don’t let your child stand near the mixer and turn your back or they WILL set your mixer to the highest speed possible! and ruin EVERYTHING!)
Now that every thing is mixed up properly set aside 1 cup of the cake batter and in a separate bowl combine remaining batter /w canned pumpkin. MIX
Then add cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg – mix throughly
Go get your refrigerated pie crust and pour the pumpkin-less cup of batter into it, making sure mixture is even. (I know you’re getting sick of me referencing my mistake but I kept thinking – wow this doesn’t seem like enough batter) lol
Then pour the pumpkin batter on top trying to make it cover all the other batter. I think this would’ve been easier for me – had I used the proper amount of cream cheese 😉
Throw it in the oven for 40 mins or until the middle is set and let it cool…..then put it in the fridge for minimum of 3 hrs. I left mine overnight 😀
I topped mine /w homemade whipped cream YUM and thought that even though it was missing 8 whole ounces of cream cheese it was still soooooooooo extremely delicious THANK YOU PATTY <3 xoxox
Seriously it was like pumpkin pie /w a cheesecake taste. WOW! If you want to have the most talked about recipe for Thanksgiving try this one! 😀
1. What is your favourite cheesecake topping?!?!
– I usually love fruit and or butterscotch
2. Do you want me to feature one of your recipes on my blog?? and/or one that you just LOVE??
– I understand if you don’t but I think the fact that I’m trying to delve into baking and cooking should be viewed as admirable – I was raised in a home where our weekly meals consisted of chicken fingers & fries or take out. ALL THE TIME
PS: CAN YOU PLEASE “like” me on FACEBOOK?!?!? I only need 1 more person till I can make my own username 😉 Thanks guys <3