Yes, you did read the title correctly and I know as long as you are not a vegetarian you are drooling right now….and /w good reason! This is adapted from a recipe I found a while back from the blogchef so feel free to leave right now and follow his recipe OR stay here and find out how I made it even better!
I have never shown you my stuffed chicken breast recipe(s) – I do so many different combinations that there’s no telling what I’ll end up /w …one day I promise to post my most favourite one! but for now we are dealing /w rolled chicken breasts so PRE-HEAT your ovens to 400F and grab the following things:
- 4 (or desired amount) thawed, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp of cream cheese PER breast
- 1 or two cloves of garlic
- a handful of fresh chives
- 1 piece of raw bacon PER breast
- mince, press or finely chop the garlic.
- chop the chives and divide the garlic and chive mixture into equal portions for each breast.
4. Sprinkle some chives and garlic onto the breast – making sure you’ve left enough for all the others.
5. Gently roll the breast up starting with the smaller end – making sure it’s even on both sides
6. Take your piece of bacon and starting at one side of the breast wrap it tightly around the chicken.
7. Secure your bacon to the breast using a toothpick. (use as many as you need but remember how many you put in – so you can take them out before serving)
8. Place all the breasts in either a small baking dish OR on a baking sheet. I find you get a crispier bottom on the baking sheet but in the baking dish you get an easier cleanup (the grease that comes off the bacon will be neatly in the bottom of the pan.
** If you have a nice husband like mine tell him to put the chicken in the oven (center rack @ 400F) for 35-40 minutes (we do 35) while you ride the stationary bike AND hold your child like a muti-tasking CHAMPION! – exercising is optional but highly recommended. **
9. When the chicken is done (juices run clear) you can move the chicken up to a higher rack in the oven and turn the broiler on while leaving the oven door open a bit. This will crisp up the bacon and make it even tastier!
****PLEASE watch your children during this step *****
We served ours with baby potatoes and green beans. I hadn’t had plain potatoes /w butter and pepper in sooooooo long it was amazing! the chicken and bacon was SOOOOOO good that I am actually sad Colin is eating what was leftover right now as I just simply write about it. so sad.
1. What is your favourite meat/meat combo??
– definitely chicken and bacon. Sometimes I love pepperoni and salami – Subways Spicy Italian = YUM