Once again I was out of any recipes I had managed to conjure up (I still have one “Ali Original” I want to show you but I didn’t have the ingredients on hand) so I searched on the Kraft website and found a recipe for cashew chicken; one of my favourites if I go eat Thai. (though I usually get it /w tofu)
So Let’s get another recipe on the go…I did end up changing a few things but I think the original recipe would be just as good.
- 3-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Catalina Dressing
- 1/2 cup big cashews.
Chop ALL veggies and garlic…. (the original recipe has ginger so add some too if you’d like)
Ration out your cashews and set aside. Hopefully they aren’t bulk barn crumbles like mine 😛
In skillet sauté onion and garlic on med-high /w half of the olive oil for 1 min until brownish and then add in the chicken and cook.
Then you can go ahead and add the chicken mixture back in (Oh and you should be cooking rice to go /w this – sorry forgot) and heat on med until everything is cooked through.
Then add your Catalina dressing (I added more than 1/4 cup) just use your best judgement. Stir until fully incorporated.
Serve with Salad (or in my case spinach and carrots) and on top of rice. YUM!!!
|There is rice under there I promise!|
Ali Mc gives this easy and quick family recipe 1 thumbs up! mainly b/c my other hand is holding my folk and there’s no way you’ll be able to pry that from me once eating has commenced!
1. What’s your favourite stir fry?
– anything /w chicken. I’m not a huge red meat eater. I love LOVE tofu fried….it’s amazing
2. What was your workout today??
– Unfortunately nothing, I didn’t get my run in b/c Logan woke up and so we just went for a walk instead. I will try to run at night when I get home from work.
3. Any tips for maintaining your weight??
– I ask b/c I’ve been slowly adding back poundage. I know you’re all screaming at me “Ali look at what you eat” but I like eating crap….just tell me how hard I need to work to maintain this lifestyle 😀 lol