So don’t worry I actually have a good post, as promised 😀
Today was awesome! Logan and I really got to play together which we hadn’t got the chance to do b/c we were both ill
|Hey I love being inside this thing|
|I love it even more when you chase me and come after me when I’m in it though…|
|YAY! mom I love my life!!|
|“Time, guys I need to scratch”|
|Please stop jumping on me when I’m holding the Nikon|
|BOOOO surprise – dog pile! – Lo’s and my view from inside 😛|
|seriously mom, don’t you feed me?|
Logan threw himself on the ground and demanded muffins….
So I made these bad boys…..
Yep, Strawberry Oat Muffins (which is what I had on hand)
Logan was in one of his impatient moods…this kid will seriously throw himself at anything and make a scene…..
But if you want to make these here’s the recipe 😀
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1tbsp vinegar and fill to cup line /w milk – let sit for 5 mins)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil (of vegetable oil)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- line muffin pan with liners (or grease)
- In small bowl combine oats and buttermilk and set aside
- In another small bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda and powder.
- In a separate bowl beat together egg, oil, sugar and vanilla
- Then mix in oat mixture and finally the dry flour mix until incorporated.
- Fold in strawberries and spoon mixture into muffin pans.
- Bake for 15-20 mins – until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
They were super moist and super yummy! I ate about 4 already and Logan didn’t like them quite as much as the pumpkin muffins but he ate them and stopped lying on the floor 😉
Ok so for the few of you that asked for the recipe of the make-shift pasta salad I was eating in my previous post here it is…
- 3 cups of whole wheat pasta (cooked according to directions)
- half of one small tomato
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 avocado
- 5 cucumber dimes (quartered)
- 4-5 slices of mozzarella cheese cut into small tiny cubes (or a handful of feta)
- 1 slice of a red onion
- 1/4 of a can of red kidney beans (drained and washed)
- 1/4 cup greek feta salad dressing (or make your own using balsamic vinegar, olive oil and herbs)
- cook and drain pasta – put in a big bowl
- chop all veggies (but not the pasta) to desired size and throw in a bowl /w pasta.
- add cheese and kidney beans
- toss in the dressing – add more if you want.
- CHILL – the taste will improve the longer it’s left in the fridge.
- Serve & Enjoy.
1. what did you eat for dinner tonight??
– grilled chicken, wild rice and caesar salad
2. what are your plans for this weekend??
– tomorrow; blog, work, prepare for race, ice, stretch and try to sleep. Sunday; get up, drive to Toronto and RACE and then celebrate 😀