This recipe is one that I found a long time ago and we have definitely altered it quite a bit to make it something amazing! It is soooooo good but dangerously cheesy. I suppose you could modify this easily to create a healthier dish. You could even add some frozen veggies and I bet it’d taste fab!
I’m sorry my recipes aren’t healthy. I think being healthier may be something I want to adopt…..sometimes! lol
Anyway here is the recipe:
- 4 cups uncooked pasta of your choice (I used rotini)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or a mixture of any cheese you desire)
- 1/2 cup ricotta (or sub in parmesan)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter (for sauce) + 2 Tbsp (for bread crumbs)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
1. tell me a modification you might try!
I want to try adding some frozen vegetables to this like carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
2. what’s your favourite comfort food??
mine is most definitely a thick creamy soup. Preferably potato or cream of broccoli YUM! make it even better – serve it to me in a huge bread bowl! MMMMMMMMMM