Colin was at it again!
Creating an awesome recipe that is. I seriously love this man.
I was busy working on revamping my resume and sorting out what I want to do with my life….that’s right! I wasn’t creeping blogs – shocking I know More news about me and my lifestyle changes later on.
Colin decided to take it upon himself to make Sunday’s dinner (which is our big dinner night, mainly so he has left overs he can take for lunches…..hence our love of casseroles)
So without further ado, here’s Colin telling you how to make Pork-chop Casserole:
- 4 – 6 boneless pork-chops (I did 7)
- 4 cups diced potatoes (skins on)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 can cream of celery soup (don’t worry no mushrooms this time)
- 1 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 cups grated cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F
- wash and chop potatoes keeping the skins on.
2. dice the onions.
3. put the potatoes in an un-greased casserole dish and sprinkle the onions overtop.
4. Combine milk, cream of celery soup and salt and pepper (to taste) in a microwaveable safe bowl and heat in 1 min intervals until mixture is a nice consistency or you can do this on the stove top in a pot
5. Grate cheddar cheese and sprinkle half over the potatoes and onions.
6. In a large frying pan brown the pork-chops on each side for a minute or two and place them in the casserole dish on top of onions, cheese and potatoes.
7. Pour the milk/soup mixture over top of everything. (Ali’s edit – smile like you mean it)
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese over entire dish and throw in the oven for 1 hr.
9. Take it out and eat it.
Colin has no interest in blogging so everyone should congratulate him on doing this all by himself and writing out this recipe. I know you are all going to prefer his versions (short and sweet) over mine (long and over-done) but just remember, I’m really the best!
Colin has no questions.
but I think he sometimes wonders why he’s with me 😉