Ok…so I can’t for the life of me get the html codes right for what I wish to accomplish at this time. Don’t worry, one day everything will be perfect and organized….but for now, let’s make some food!!!
This casserole has been in my family for longer than I can remember. It is one tasty side dish and is E-A-S-Y! We call them “Wally Potatoes” after my aunt Val, who we used to call Wally….and I have no clue why 😛 lol
So go grab all these ingredients and get prepared for a heart attack! it’s that GOOD!
- 1kg bag of frozen hashbrowns.
- 1 500mL tub of sour cream.
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- 1 small white onion (or use part of a bigger one at your discretion).
- 1/2 cup MELTED butter.
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese.
- *optional – fresh parmesan for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F and grab a huge bowl!
- Grab your bag of hashbrowns and pour them in the big bowl.
3. Pour in ENTIRE tub of sour cream.
4. Grab both cans of the mushroom soup and open them. *smile pretty too so you’re in a good mood*
5. Pour the cans into the bowl /w the hashbrowns and the sour cream.
6. Grate the onion and make sure you do it on the smaller side so it creates a nice pulp.
** If you have someone else /w you (ie: your husband or partner in crime) enlist them to finish the onion b/c it’s the worst part!
7. Mix all the ingredients together (yes I am fully aware I could’ve just stated that in step one ;))
8. Melt the butter and grate the cheese. Toss the butter in first mix, and then mix in cheese.
9. Put mixture into a NON-greased 9X13 inch pan.
10. Put in the oven for 90mins. It has never burnt on me I always leave it in for the full time.
11. Remove from oven and let sit for as long as you can tolerate – it will smell awesome and taste EVEN BETTER 😀
Enjoy! Logan loves it and wants you to know he helped too
1. would you try this??
2. what’s your favourite casserole?