So we made some easy scalloped potatoes and chicken breasts for dinner one night this week and I wanted to share the recipes with you guys.
Please note that the scalloped potatoes definitely needed more seasoning and/or cheese 😉 lol they were bland…but yummy nonetheless.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (I used 1/4 of a large one)
3. Using a small saucepan make a roux (melt butter, add flour and begin SLOWLY adding the milk, mixing a little at a time until thick and creamy)
4. Add paprika, pepper and salt to season.
5. in a greased casserole dish, put one 3rd of the potatoes along the bottom and sprinkle some of the onion on top.
Rex was being such a cutie begging while we were cooking that I couldn’t resist sharing a pic with you xo – so proper with the paws crossed 😉
6. Pour one 3rd of the sauce over the first layer of potatoes and onions and continue layering until complete.
7. Top with some more paprika and toss in the oven for 60 mins. edit: please cover with aluminum foil
Now you can start making the chicken and everything will be timed perfectly
Breaded Chicken Breasts:
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- mixed chicken spices
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of milk
3. In a large frying pan, on med-low heat sauté the chicken breast in a little olive oil just to set the bread crumbs (until lightly brown on each side)
4. Put the breasts on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 25-30 mins, flipping half way.
The final products were amazing. If you’d like your potatoes to have a bit more flavour (as mentioned above) you can add 1/2-1cup of cheese and melt into the sauce, add some beef or chicken broth, garlic or any other seasonings you may desire. You can also substitute tofu for chicken breasts
Even Logan liked it
1. what is your favourite way to eat a potato??
baked – LOADED