ok so I never got to tell you guys about my amazing Family Day!
We ended up going to my moms for Funnel Cakes! Yes, I know – exciting isn’t it 😀
My mom makes her own batter and then we drizzle, deep fry, flip and top with a plethora of amazing sweet and savory treats. So delicious.
I went sweet with a side of bacon. I think we all did except for Dan, he wanted garlic, butter, bacon and such. I think it was good because it sure smelt fantastic.
Here is the recipe if anyone is a) interested in extremely unhealthy food and/or b) owns a deep fryer or has a lot of oil to spare 😉
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- not quite 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- Measure sour cream into a measuring cup.
- Fill to the 2 cup mark with milk.
- Stir milk mixture into beaten eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients into egg/milk mixture and beat until smooth.
- If the batter isn’t runny, add more milk.
- Heat the oil to 375F
- Drizzle from funnel or pitcher – start from the center, joining the stream of batter to avoid clumps breaking off.
- Flip when the bottom turns golden brown and cook till other side is done.
- Drain and top with whatever you desire!
[adapted from Food that Really Schmecks] it’s a really cool Mennonite cookbook.
Doesn’t my sister‘s hair look AMAZING?!! – she’s jumped on the “no-poo” train and has been using Deva Curl. I think I may need to try this for my s’wavy locks. I really want to get away from sulphates and other pore-clogging ingredients.
In training news, I totally kicked butt in my workouts yesterday but my hip is still bothering me. Dailymile is amazing for people not only motivating you but giving you injury suggestions and tips 😉 I love it. So far everyone has been telling me heat, foam roll and stretch. Good old Jamie (she’s not old at all, she’s younger than I am but it just sounded like something I would say) told me to try ice. Ice is the magic healer after all. I don’t know why I haven’t been.
Then I ran for 3.5 miles at the maximum incline my treadmill would go to so I can condition my muscles for those pesky hills. I ran over 10min miles….inclines slow me way down.
Finally I finished up with yoga and a super stretch out session. I felt like a power house! As normally I reward myself for a 3 miler. lol Today speedwork is on the agenda. 9X800’s – we’ll see if I make it.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday it’s my most favourite day of the week. Don’t ask me why. There is no answer.
1. have you ever had a funnel cake??
2. what’s your favourite amusement park ride?? – not completely random (funnel cakes are at fairs)
I love the “sky screamer” at Marine Land. I actually don’t even agree with Sea World and Marine Land but had a free pass so I spent the day going back and forth between their one wicked roller coaster and the sky screamer. It was an amazing day filled with adrenaline. I love ALL rides
3. what’s your workout today??