I made this for Colin & I to share for Valentines Day, once again just reposting some old recipes.
I sprinkled some shaved coconut over the top and it tasted divine.
- 2 6oz ramekins.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter (also need some for the ramekins)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar (also need some for ramekins)
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (chips, or chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp espresso powder (can sub instant espresso)
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Pre-heat oven to 400F and butter ramekins and then dust with icing sugar.
- In a microwave-safe bowl – melt butter and chocolate in 20 sec increments, stirring in between until completely smooth.
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar, espresso powder, salt, egg and egg yolk.
- Add in chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined – do not over mix!
- Pour batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for 10-12 minutes.
*You’ll know when they’re done when a toothpick inserted about an inch away from the side comes out clean – and one inserted into the center comes out wet*
7. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
8. Run a knife around the edge so they fall out nicely.
9. Sprinkle with powder sugar and SERVE IMMEDIATELY.