[pic from this post]
All I can say is I love it!
I am super impressed by Lisa. She is pretty amazing. I just want to give you a little review of her workout DVD because it’s specifically designed for runners and not just for strength – but it helps minimize injuries and as the title implies, improves your stride.
The DVD is broken up into 4 sections: program 1, program 2, strength training and dynamic warm up.
dynamic warm up – it has proven great for shaking my hip out before short runs. I had also only been doing a lot of these exercises after a workout instead of before. Any time I did do them prior, I noticed that my muscles adjusted to the run faster and easier.
strength training – this section is divided into sub-sections; non-running muscles and running muscles, then again; with weights and without. They each had 3 sets with a dynamic cardio move in between. I loved all of these workouts and found it very easy to change them up to create my own routine. I was definitely sore after and they are super convenient for people, like me, that workout at home.
programs 1 and 2 – these are two different ~ 1hr long workout sessions that tackle the glutes, hams, hips, hip flexors, abs and back. They are super tough (well they were for me) but I am slowly getting better at them. I liked that they are broken up into 10min targeting sections so I can have a sip of water or catch a breath in between.
here’s a sample of the Strong Stride experience:
So now that we have the run down what did I think about it?
what I liked:
- loved Lisa and found that she instructed nicely, counted down when I wanted to die and kept encouraging.
- liked the yellow bar at the bottom of the video to show me how much time has elapsed/is left
- loved all the workouts and though challenging, there are two other girls that do modifications that you can follow along with.
- liked that the workouts are designed to be interchangable so you can switch things up and trick your body.
- liked that the workouts did what they said and I immediately noticed that my running form was better (my abs were tighter and the hip exercises really helped)
what I didn’t really like:
- I find this with a lot of workout DVD’s but I didn’t like the videographer in the dynamic warm up vid – there were odd times where the camera would be on her face so I had no idea what her body was doing.
- the yellow count down bar was great but I didn’t like that there was no clock or times written. I like to know what time I’m committing to b/c as a mom, I may only have 20 mins to spare.
- this is probably because I’m so weak but I found it hard to work on one leg constantly and then switching. I prefer DVD’s that switch legs for each exercise. ie: right then left, right then left as opposed to left, left, left, right, right, right.
“Make every step count. Maximize your running potential with increased core body strength and improved stride” – Strong Stride
So I guess now you want one??
Well good thing Lisa is one of the nicest people ever because she gave me an extra copy to give to one lucky reader 😀 YAY!!!
to enter: leave me a comment telling me why you want to try Strong Stride!
extra entry: leave me a comment below telling me what your favourite at home workout is and why?
BONUS entry – tweet, blog or facebook this giveaway including @StrongStride
I will choose a winner Saturday February 25th @ midnight EST and post it in the morning
*disclaimer: although I was supplied with this DVD the opinions expressed on this blog are my own. I was not endorsed in any way. thank you*