So I basically just made these from scratch. I just threw things together and they turned out great
*please note: this recipe makes EXACTLY 12 cupcakes if you’d like more double the recipe or make two batches.
So these are cookies and cream cucpakes with vanilla buttercream and a chocolate center:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 -1 cup flour (start with 3/4 and add more if needed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (or more) oreo crumbs or smashed oreos (you can put cookies in a ziplock bag and roll them with a rolling pin)
- 12 chocolate balls, truffles, or whatever you desire.
- 2 1/2 cups icing (confectioners) sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- milk (depending on desired consistency)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with 12 liners
- In a mixer (or with hand held mixer) cream butter and sugar together.
- On low speed add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla
- In a separate bowl: sift in flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry mix and milk alternately until batter is smooth and thick.
- Mix in the oreo crumbs.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2-3/4 full and push the chocolate ball just so half of it is remaining out of the batter.
- Bake for 15-20mins on the center rack, or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
To make the vanilla butter cream:
- Cream butter until soft and smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add icing sugar (be careful not to turn your mixer high or powdered sugar will fly everywhere!)
- Slowly add milk until icing reaches desired consistency.
- Colour and spoon into piping bag to decorate, or spoon on with a spatula.
1. do you like Oreos??
2. tell me what you would choose to put inside these instead??