- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups butter (melted)
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup water
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups whipped cream (optional for topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and grease a 10-inch cake pan – line the bottom with parchment (I skip this step)
- Chop chocolate squares and put in a bowl with chocolate chips.
- Melt butter and stir into chocolate.
- Heat water and 1 1/2 cup sugar on the stove until boiling and then pour mixture in with chocolate and stir until smooth
- Whip eggs with remaining 1/4 cup of sugar until thick. (If you don’t have a good mixer I recommend separating the yolks and whites and whipping them separately THEN adding them together with the sugar
- Fold whipped eggs into the chocolate mixture and pour into cake pan
- Place cake pan on a cookie sheet and fill cookie sheet with water – place in oven
- Bake for 40-50 minutes and be careful removing the water filled pan
- the top of the cake (or really the bottom) will rise up, harden and crack. I peel those chunks off before cooling.
- Cool and refrigerate for a few hours (or leave over night)
- Dip the pan into hot water to loosen and remove.
* Be patient. This recipe is a brownie lovers DREAM it tastes like a moist brownie; rich but not too sweet. Take your time and it will turn out beautifully *
Any chocoholics out there???