So last week, while I was blog cruising I came across this awesome dishes post by Abbi and I said I would love to try that Tuscan Chicken. Her response said it was great for evenings when you didn’t have a lot of time = perfect for me.
I didn’t have a ton of time on Saturday, seeing as I had worked a lot of the day but since Colin had been doing so much physical labour I needed something easy and fast. This recipe was prepared and finished, along with two side dishes; baked broccoli and roasted potatoes, in 40 mins. Total cooking time for everything = 30 mins SCORE!
Tuscan Chicken Breasts:
- ~ 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. (thawed)
- small hand full of chopped red bell pepper.
- one slice of red onion chopped finely.
- 1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise.
- 1/2 tsp of each: dried basil, parsley, oregano, thyme.
- 1 tsp of garlic salt/powder or one clove chopped.
- 1 Tbsp of Greek salad dressing (or balsamic vinaigrette)
- small pinch of red pepper flakes (add more if you like it spicy)
- salt & pepper to taste.
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Spray baking sheet with PAM or lightly grease.
- mix mayo, spices, veg, red pepper flakes and dressing together in a small bowl.
- Pound chicken breasts flat and place evenly spaced on baking sheet.
- Spread the mayo mixture onto chicken breasts and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Sprinkle cheese on top for the last minute or so.
[adapted from Once a Month Mom]
Make a Meal:
If you want to make with the broccoli and potatoes like I did – make sure you prepare the potatoes before everything else, but have the chicken thawed or thawing. Put the potatoes in first, set the timer for 30 mins. Use the 5 mins you have to mix this recipe up and spread onto the chicken breasts – put them in the oven at the 25 min mark. Prepare Broccoli and put in the oven at the 15 min mark and in 15 mins you’ll have your full meal to enjoy