*GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED* but if you want to buy – go here! this site has free S&H :)
thank you for participating.
Ok so I would just like to start this post by saying….
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
You are the reason I even have these shorts to review in the first place Remember back when you helped my Mom win all that awesome TC gear – she gave me the shorts because she doesn’t hurt in that area, like I do. I was recently diagnosed with OA of the sacrum, so I wanted to review these shorts from a joint pain perspective as well as an athlete.
Now I don’t think it’s any secret how I feel about Tommie Copper as a company and a product: I am 200% behind them. I like their gear and it works for me, as a runner and for my mom, as someone who suffers from chronic pain. You can read my previous review here and view my mother’s back story and thoughts on Tommie Copper here.
TC COMPRESSION SHORTS:
“Tommie Copper compression shorts are ergonomically designed to relieve pain and enhance comfort in the lower torso and upper thighs. Tommie Copper’s Therapeutic Copper Compression provides unmatched comfort and wearability while providing the ultimate in therapeutic pain relief.” – from their website.
- Highly wickable fabric keeps skin dry
- Stimulates blood flow, decreases inflammation and increases mobility
- Gentle effective compression allows for 24 hour use, even while asleep
- Comfortably and discreetly wear under pant or dress
- Machine washable. Do not use bleach, fabric softeners or dryer sheets as it masks the copper
- Sold individually
- They retail at $44.50/pair.
Things I liked:
- easy to wash and wear (I wash mine in cold water and lay flat to dry)
- extremely comfortable and, much like the rest of their gear, it isn’t tight like traditional compression gear.
- helped with my sacrum osteoarthritis well at work and/or resting.
- noticed a huge difference in my groin muscle pain while running in them. It felt similar to when I had used KT tape to tape my injury, but obviously more comfortable.
- high waisted so they covered my lower back, which sometimes gets tight.
- easy to move in.
- easy to wear underneath clothing, even business attire and work wear.
*Yep, that’s a pencil skirt alright
Things I didn’t love:
- the length needs to be longer. *although I seem to have the longest legs in the world, as I have seen others wearing them and they go to their knees, and lets not forget me in GR’s pants*
- I didn’t notice any OA relief while I was running. I guess if the bones grind, they grind. *for recovery they were great though*
From an athlete perspective:
I loved how high waisted they were so during recovery they also covered my lower back. Easy to sleep in, easy to run in, easy to workout in. They fit loose but they still work to compress sore muscles so why buy a tighter brand and be uncomfortable?
From someone with arthritis:
I liked how after having them on for a few minutes I noticed my flare up getting better. Painless at work while walking, easy to wear under my clothes, managed my pain 90% of the time. Just needed an IbuProfen before a run.
Bottom Line: Overall I really liked the shorts, I think there really must be something great in that material – oh ya, it’s COPPER! The copper works wonders. I can take anti-inflammatories and work a 4 hour shift and have severe pain in my tailbone but on shifts when I wore my shorts under my clothes I never noticed it
I love Tommie Copper and I think I have a product idea for them, that’s genius (I’ll take a %5 royalty) TIGHTS!
…nope, not running tights. Tights for women, as in hosiery! …..I would totally wear these under a skirt to work! covering my entire lower body right to my toes. *Think about it
I feel like I look 50 years old here….but that’s ok! I’m wearing “TC”
Tommie Copper was kind enough to let me host their first shorts giveaway and they want one lucky reader to take home a pair of compression shorts for themselves!
* Leave a separate comment for each *
BONUS ENTRY! – tell me why you want these shorts!!!
GOOD LUCK! I’ll be announcing the winner on Monday the 14th
I also want to share that Tommie Copper is hosting their own Mother’s Day Contest so go check it out when you leave here