Ya so I love Pinterest. I always find social media amusing. Anytime there’s anything new I immediately distrust its use and say “Oh, I don’t need this! Just because everyone else is doing is no reason to do it too” but then slowly time goes by….
….so you investigate
and pretty soon…
You’re thinking “Man! how was I functioning online prior to this amazing technological genius!?”
That’s how I’m currently feeling about Pinterest!
I’m lost – thinking, wow! I can bookmark everything online in an easy and organized fashion! – who knew!?
here are some of my favourite things about it:
- it inspires me to get crafty. – I ADORED art and crafts as a child and love that since beginning to pin. I’ve already creative a few things, not to mention have done much more with Logan
- I love that it posts everything in an organized fashion making it easy for me to find something specific. <—- much easier than my 20 bookmark folders 😉
- Obviously I love the sense of community over there! That’s why I love the internet we are like one big world all putting our true face forward.
Some things I’ve been making lately….
That are pinterest inspired though most are my own ideas That’s the whole idea: it reminds you, you are crafty and gives you a based to go from!!!!! <— I’m excited.
1. Painted canvasses with pressed leaves for my bathroom.
*not the greatest photo and I am doing a larger one for the other wall so I’ll take a picture when I’m done. Cost for project: NOTHING. I used old canvasses and painted over them and used paint colours from our left over house paint 😉
2. Rock door stopper. Also for my bathroom.
* Cost of Project: NOTHING. I found rocks in the backyard, sanded them, glued them together and varnished them with a clear coat we already had in the house when we bought it.
3. Wall art/photos for our master bedroom. (not completed)
Total Cost: $45. I can’t wait to show you guys the finished wall! I bought 9 frames (8X10) from the dollar store for $2 each. Colin and I picked 8 wedding photos and made them black & white (with colour accents) and ordered them online @ $2.99/each. I bought that piece of cardstock with the love words on it for $1.19. I can’t WAIT! they will be going over out bed.
4. I am currently taking on some sewing projects. I’m on the hunt for a jumpsuit pattern, as I don’t want to look like a cougar….
*Ya, it was just too much pattern. However, I won’t lie – most comfortable thing I’ve ever worn in my life! I am SO excited for high waisted pants
I can’t sew, but I have a sewing machine that my MIL gave me and she said she’d help me make my jumpsuit if I found a pattern. So let me know if you know where I can find a wide leg one. I want to make it all one colour in cotton!
In other fun news: I’m dinning with the Chobani crew and some other Canadian bloggers at the Terrace in Toronto tonight. I’m super excited! I’m also nervous, as I know no one. However, I’m a social butterfly and that’ll most likely go away once I’m there
PLUS, not only we will be on a roof top patio overlooking the city, but we’ll be eating amazing CHO inspired food! I’m going to be a good blogger – you’re welcome!
I have no idea who the other bloggers are that are attending, so if you are one of them let me know in the comments
I have no idea what to wear. I said I’d just wear a dress and wedges but upon looking at my closet I realize I have a whole lot of nothing. I’ll most likely wear my green dress with a brown belt and a wedge instead. I feel confident in that, but maybe I’ll be too sexy??
business casual/casual. – so pretty much that means I can wear anything! As long as I dress it up, or dress it down accordingly with accessories. I hate when anything goes. I totally want to wear jeans, black pumps and a nice shirt. lol
What would you wear??
1. do you pin?? have you ever tackled a project on pinterest or inspired by it??
2. dollarstore has art supplies – am I the only one who didn’t know this?!!?!?
3. What would you wear to meet for a late night dinner party?? Are you going to be there tonight??