I didn’t have any money last week. I was literally waiting for that paycheck to come. Life’s so much fun when you have to live by the seat of your pants ;P
So I decided to try and make something for breakfast using the old bananas that sat on the counter. I started tossing ingredients in and made my first ever pancakes from scratch!
I know, I know. Surprising isn’t it – especially considering how many times I’ve commented on all your beautiful pancake, mouth watering recipes and stated “I’m totally going to try this” ….only to forget about it and never make them.
Not anymore! I loved making my own pancakes and thought they tasted absolutely amazing.
So here’s the recipe if you have some questionable bananas on your counter too 😉
Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 overly ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp of melted butter
- cinnamon to taste
[you may also add one egg, but I didn’t have any so I added 1/ 4 cup of apple sauce instead]
- In a large bowl mix all your dry ingredients with a wire whisk.
- Melt the butter and combine it, the bananas, sugar, and vanilla in a separate bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add cinnamon or any other spices you’d like.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, melt some more butter or oil and spoon cakes onto pan.
- You can flip the cakes when the top starts to bubble and they look like they’re golden on the bottom.
- Cook for another minute and then serve smothered in delicious maple syrup.
Logan loved them about as much as he loves his stuffed puppy…..
…which is saying a lot
1. what’s your favourite thing to make with over ripe bananas??
Banana bread YUM!!!!
2. are you a syrup lover?? if not, what do you put on your pancakes??