Yes two! I’m so excited about eating clean I just hope it’ll last. I’ve been trying to let myself indulge if I feel like it. Example: I took a handful of salt and vinegar chips from Colin last night & on the weekend I most definitely ate my MIL’s mississippi mud pie! YUM
However, for the most part I’m actually shocked that I’m enjoying the small changes I’m making towards a better body – simply because a) I feel better and b) the healthier options are tasting GREAT!
Who needs chocolate cake when I can eat a healthy chocolate pudding?! …now I can save it for people’s actual birthday’s instead of every night before bed 😉
So here we go. This recipe was adapted from Oh She Glows recipe here.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 half (or whole) banana
- 4 Tbsps dutch cocoa
- 1 heaping Tbsps all natural peanut butter
- 2/3 cup real pure maple syrup
- half of a 70% dark chocolate bar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt (like Chobani)
- ~1/2 cup vanilla or regular soy milk – to desired consistency
- scoop out the inside of the avocado and mash in a bowl.
- add banana – mash.
- melt the dark chocolate in the mircowave in 30 sec increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Add all the ingredients into bowl and use a mixer to whip them up.
- add milk last till desired consistency is reached.
- ENJOY because it’s amazing! very rich and very decadent. If you’d like a sweeter pudding add a natural sweetener like stevia or agave.
*If you have a food processor you can do it in there – I don’t
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt:
- 1 cup or more of chopped fresh strawberries (you can also use ones that are going bad – it’s a great recipe for un-edible berries)
- 3/4 0% Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and pureed.
- pour into a freezer safe container and place in freezer for 2-3hrs.
- It helps to stir it every 30mins to an hour.
OR use frozen strawberries and add in ice – blend until desired consistency. A very easy frozen yogurt without any need for fancy kitchen utensils!
*If entire tub freezes completely simply put into the fridge to thaw a bit – stir and serve
Both of these recipes are jammed packed with healthy fats and are high in protein!
1. do you like strawberries?? if not, what’s your favourite berry??
I love strawberries but raspberries are my all time favourite berry treat! oh and blue berries
2. dark chocolate – yay or nay??
Do you like the natural taste of cacao?? I do! I think that’s why I love dark chocolate – the darker the better. I do however, like a bit of sugar in it
3. ever make a false yogurt ice cream before??
Nope, but it did the job!