I’ve been trying to change my eating habits (a bit at a time) and so tonight when Colin & Logan were making mashed potatoes and sausage, I decided to try making something that would be considered a “clean eating recipe“ and it turned out better than I thought.
I was surprised at the amount of flavour in this dish, as it had minimal seasoning. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1/2 a block of extra firm tofu – chopped into cubes
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 large white fresh mushrooms
- 1 slice of red onion
- 4-6 sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup or more of baby spinach
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsps of soya sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- In a medium pot pour water and quinoa in and heat on high until boiled – then put lid on the pot and reduce heat to medium low – leave for 15mins.
- While quinoa is cooking chop all vegetables & tofu.
- In a large skillet on med to high heat add olive oil, onion and tofu. Cook for a few minutes and then add the zucchini and mushrooms.
- Once Tofu and the zucchini are almost done reduce heat and add in the baby spinach.
- When the quinoa is done remove from heat but leave the lid on for 5 mins – it should fluff up and become a very nice and light consistency.
- Add the sliced grape tomatoes into the skillet.
- Toss the soya sauce, salt and pepper (to taste) into the skillet and remove everything from heat.
- Chop the basil leaves (or leave some intact for garnish) and mix everything together.
- You can either serve the stir-fry on top of the qunioa like a bed of rice or mix together.
Serves 4. This is my first time using a recipe nutrition calculator. I have no idea if it’s trustworthy. All my ingredients aside from olive oil and tofu had “A” ratings, the other two had “B” so it’s all very good for you.
1. do you like quinoa?? what other things have you made with it??
2. are you a conscious of what you put in your body??
I usually “don’t care” but I have been feeling like crap so I’ve been trying to make an effort to eat better to fuel my body. I still want cupcakes and chocolate daily though
3. what did you have for dinner??
PS: DON’T FORGET TO ENTER MY ZENSAH GIVEAWAY!!!!!