Yep, it’s true. I kind of forgot to write up a post about my one year into blogging……what a year it’s been. I’ve decided to do an awesome link up post leading you to some of the best memories <—- just in case you missed them and/or want to revisit them 😀
So here we go…..
MY FIRST POST!!!! “I’m back and bloggin’”
- Yep, it’s true. I had blogged before, back in 2008. I guess I forgot how much of my life was stolen from blogging and how many pictures I needed to take of everything and decided to jump into it again Gotta love my whole cotton outfit, treadmill in the basement and chubby Rex begging to jump on
Then there was THE GREATEST DAY EVER!!!
- Colin came home from work with my favourite sugary treat of all time: The Pumpkin Pie Blizzard! Even this new found clean eating won’t be able to stop me from consuming mass amounts of these all October.
- By far my best experience of the whole year (or one of the best anyway). I trained really hard for my first ever race and I ended up surpassing all my goals and rocking out a sub 27min 5k *I highly recommend reading the recap
Then, Just when you thought my blog had reached it’s peak of awesomeness….
- You new readers don’t even need to tell me – I know we need more Colin back on the blog. He just hasn’t been feeling like this lately So go read his recipe and check out his funny photos lol
MY FAVOURITE TIME OF YEAR: CHRISTMAS!
- The above links to my family’s Christmas in a nice photo scroll post Logan didn’t know what was going on because this was the first year he could actually get right into Christmas
- We kissed the old blogger blog Goodbye and became self-hosted and took January by the horns. Some of my best post, most responsive entries and recipes were posted in January and the months that followed. THANK YOU
February was a GREAT month: I can’t limit it to one post. However I can definitely give you one photo that sums up it’s awesomness: VALENTINES DAY MOM!
- Ya, the Valentines Day post had this precious gem in it My mom and her good friend Karen now know never to send me incriminating photos as jokes again
- Other things that happened that month: I got bangs, I got injured and I ran for Sherry.
- This race went amazingly well and I hope to do it again this year with even more fun! Check out the My Fellow Spatula Runners! page for all the photo submissions
AND….we RACED AROUND THE BAY ….while running with spatulas!!!!
- My cousin Lyndsey and Jamie @ From Couch to Ironwoman did this 30km relay with me all while holding spatulas and wearing out awesome Spatula Runners tech tees I hope to do both the virtual race AND get these girls to run this with me again this year
- I went for a bone scan and got the tech to take pics for the blog. I also got addicted to the Hunger Games and continued to gain strength and not run.
- After months of waiting and tests I finally knew what was wrong and could begin my road to recovery. I actually still struggle with pain in my hip and groin and have to adjust my pace accordingly.
- Rex loved racing and we PR’d! I have never been more proud of him and I can’t wait to go on more runs with him. I’m really trying to encourage Colin to run with him since they’re athletic ability is similar.
and I began Making A LOT of CHANGES
- I fell in love with building muscle, swimming and began training for my first half marathon! I started growing my own food, and eating much healthier
Even Logan has changed and now loves some things green – like Kale chips I can’t wait to see what this year has in store Without spoiling anything – just be ready for some BIG changes here on RwS
1. how long have you been blogging??
2. what are your 3 top highlights from this year??
3. favourite post?? if you can even remember one