This may seem surprising but I am actually going to participate in a blog award link up! <—- which never happens.
I received the Liebstar award. I’m too lazy to right click, save photo and upload it so you can have this instead….
* yes, this did take me more time, but isn’t it awesome
In this latest version, The Liebstar award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. <—– I’m not going to lie. I have no idea who has how many followers. I don’t even know how many people follow me! So I’m picking whoever I want
Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. (now I understand why I was nominated twice)
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post
- Notify the people you have tagged
- No tag backs
11 things about Ali Mc you probably didn’t know:
- I love the number 11 and it’s one of my favourite #’s in the world. I’d tell you the others but then you’d know virtually every password I use
- I pick my nose and I don’t care that you know this. I really think it’s weird when someone denies nose picking. I feel like it must be impossible to go through life without picking it at least once. YOU’RE BUSTED!
- I hardly ever wear nail polish because it chips off so fast. Don’t tell me about how gel is the way to go – I hate anything that I have to “grow out” or have chemically removed.
- I honestly believe I’ll be Logan’s favourite person forever. I don’t want to think about the day he tells me he hates me.
- My four front teeth are veneers. I never got braces b/c just altering the four top front teeth was cheaper to do. I ended up chipping one of them and at first was vain and upset about it but now I’ve grown to love it.
- I believe in my imaginary friends because I like the idea of an invisible wolf/dog beside me
- I love dancing more than most things and try to dance alone in my house at least once a week for good measure, if not more.
- I love sleeping but can rarely stay asleep. I get up quite a few times a night and I’m always amazed that my brain is still on the same topic ;P
- I used to refuse to cook, bake and clean because I never wanted to be domesticated. Now I LOVE IT! (but Colin is a good guy, so I think that helps)
- I’m vain. I can’t help it. I was a girl that didn’t get attention from boys until she “looked good” and the world places a constant demand on being pretty. I just always like looking at myself to make sure I still look awesome
- I am part of no religious group or belief set but have read a fair amount about most of them and do my best not to judge others on their choices. I think having faith in something is important and I truly believe that as long as we have love in our hearts as opposed to fear we make this world a better place
Ok so if you actually got through all that I now have to answer other people’s questions below….yikes!
From Elle @ Eat, Run, Sail:
1. What is your favorite season? Why?
My favourite season is fall. I have no idea why….I love the leaves but I also find it sad because everything is becoming dormant until next spring. I love the colours of autumn and the smell in the air. I love the temperature too.
2. What is the most exotic place you have visited?
Hawaii is definitely the ONLY exotic place I’ve ever visited. It was worth every penny and if I could I’d move there tomorrow Plus I did get married there.
3. Do you have pets? What kind?
I have Rex, he is a dog and he is a mutt: German Shepherd & Doberman with something else too. lol I am currently making plans for getting some outdoor bunnies in a hutch come spring. PS: I LOVE ferrets and we’d have one if they didn’t stink.
4. What is your favorite way to unwind?
Hot bath, dancing alone, getting drunk <— just kidding.
5. Do you have any food issues? Special dietary needs?
sure don’t….not that I know of anyway.
6. Favorite snack?
Chocolate hands down! but I also like nuts, fruits and veggies. grapes are so yummy!
7. Favorite flowers?
Blue flag iris, wood lily, red roses, daisies, lupines and wild violets.
8. Have you ever met any other bloggers?
9. Do your real life friends and family members read your blog? Do they know about it?
They sure do! I have so many people I know that read my blog. I find it amusing. However, there are some people that don’t and I always find it refreshing when I can tell them stories without them saying “Oh yes, I read that on your blog” lol
10. How do you celebrate your birthday?
Red Wine, PRESENTS and cake with my family. Usually we go out for dinner. This year I’ll be turning 30 so I want to do something even better <—- Colin, please get thinking
11. What motivates you to exercise and eat well? Vanity? Health? Performance?
My self-esteem. I only make changes when they benefit the way I feel about myself. So my motivation comes from a place deep within Also, I get my ideas from watching and learning from others. Hence why being a part of a community like this one is invaluable
“Look at that body – I work out” <—- while taking the above photo for this caption I was trying so hard not to laugh ;P lol
1. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Dog. Hands down. I’m allergic to cats, although I do think they’re cute.
2. What sport do you wish you excelled in?
Wish I could? I excel at everything …j/k I wish I was good at volleyball as I love playing it but kind of suck.
3. What is your current favourite recipe?
The one I made last night I will post it later today: Chicken, Kale and Tomato on whole wheat pasta with a homemade avocado ricotta sauce! YUM!!!!!!
4. What is your favourite holiday?
Christmas. For the true meaning of it. I LOVE spreading hope, joy and happiness and Christmas is such a loving time of year I just get so excited for it
5. What brand of running/training shoes do you wear?
6. What is your favourite bedtime snack?
I don’t normally eat before bed unless I’m coming home from work late and haven’t eaten a sufficient dinner so I’ll say banana chips
7. What was your first concert?
I have no idea. NO IDEA. most likely Sharon, Lois and Bram
8. What was the name of your first pet?
Bear. She was my parents dog and died when I was around 5
9. What is your favourite healthy food to make for others?
Veggies and dip. Ya, boring but I love making homemade dips
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Not holding the door for people if you’re right there. It doesn’t get to me too much anymore but it was all I could think of. That and people sneaking into parking spots when I have my signal on
11. What celebrity have other people said you look like?
People used to say I looked like Jennifer Aniston but I don’t see it anymore
Do you see it???
- what are you most afraid of??
- what’s your favourite colour and why?
- do you care about politics?? why or why not?
- do you think we are going to die on dec 21st 2012??
- do you like the body you were given?? why, why not?
- do you wear glasses?? for distance or close up? or both??
- favourite wild animal??
- what change have you made in yourself that you hope others will follow?
- if you could only do one form of exercise for the rest of your life what would you pick??
- do you tan your skin? (fake, real or bottle) why or why not?
- what are your religious beliefs and are you open to others or not?? why?
YOU ARE ALL TAGGED!!!!!! ANSWER BELOW
* also feel free to link your fb pages or any other social media’s below after answering