Ya, maybe I’ll end up burning out and maybe none of these changes will stick but I can’t help it! I’m on a wave and I have to ride it. Just like the road to running, just like my strength wave and just like that DIY project fun time I had
Colin says that I never “stick” with anything but I argue that I’m ALWAYS sticking to the same thing – my life path I go to the next step when it’s time and to be honest I am currently running, doing strength, still being crafty AND adding new things. It’s all about balance
Currently I’m trying to follow August’s Spread the Love and really focus on my own self-esteem. In doing so some small changes have transpired:
1. I’ve been attempting to eat “green” smoothies in the morning (along with my a green tea) without having coffee or black tea
….even Logan has been loving them
* get your hands off my glass kid <— I actually think it’s awesome that he likes them and wants more
2. I’ve been trying to be more eco-friendly/sustainable. I used to be a hard core environmental hippy tree-lover and somewhere along the line I forgot that. Colin thinks it’s because I lost my self-love so I didn’t care about anything <—- if you saw me at my lowest before I quit smoking and found running you’d agree.
* see I put smiley faces on everything
3. I’ve been trying to make my own food, products, essentials. I am so sick of looking at EVERYTHING in this world and the massive list of ingredients on the label – half of which I can’t pronounce, let alone know what it is….AND I have a science (chem) background!!
* PS: Rex is fine! It was a minor burn on his pad from the hot pavement <— I forgot to check it. Hence his limp but polysporin and cold soaks seemed to have healed it
I’m still using up whatever is left in our house but when it runs out I’ll be replacing it with a package-less, waste-less, chemical-free homemade product from me! (The only exception will be if the “bad” is more cost effective, as we are budgeting)
Some things I’ve made thus far:
- Rex’s dinner: leftover kibble, RAW steak (yep I’ve been looking into a raw diet), romaine and mixed greens, splash of apple cider vinegar and a splash of olive oil.
- Face wash, toner and moisturizer: I’ve been using raw honey and water to wash, and I made a toner out of green tea, tea tree oil & apple cider vinegar. I rub olive oil on my face and rinse off for moisturizer. I feel great!
- Most food items. I’ve been eating pretty clean except for treats.
- I’m also growing as much food as I can in Canada, inside until I can plant a front veg garden next year. My peppers JUST sprouted baby seedlings yesterday
Some things I hope to make soon:
- most DIY eco-friendly projects on my cousins blog: cotton pads, toothpaste.
- bar shampoo and body wash.
- preserves of the farmer fresh fruit and veg I’m going to buy this Saturday
4. I’m still allowing myself to indulge for good measure My brother came by yesterday and I can’t even tell you the last time I didn’t make a “good” food choice so I told Colin I wanted a Hot&Ready pizza from Little Cesars It was so good.
* The dip is my fav – 0% Greek Yogurt add dill and lemon YUM!
* that’s his attempt at hiding from the blog – you can’t hide Jay
5. I’ve started a daily morning meditation! Meditating is super hard for me. I have ADHD <— no surprises there. I have a really hard time turning my attention inwards and relaxing my mind because of it.
* this is what I looked like this morning (aside from the photo taking hand up in the air) <—- I figure the internet already has panty shots of me, what’s one more ;P
I found some tips on how people like me can meditate and pinned it so I started this morning and made it through 5 mins by “observing” my thoughts and letting them pass by
I know 5 minutes doesn’t seem like a lot but I’m excited to continue to build upon it and will most likely make it a September goal to meditate daily
6. I had to add this one in - We are trying to be more frugal. I am sick of being sucked into buying everything and believing I need it. I am only going to purchase things I actually need, not want. I want to save money and start paying off our debt
I cut my own hair using a youtube video (I moved the ponytail further towards the back of my head, for those going to try it) and then just added some face framing layers in the front. Saved over $50!!! and I love it!
1. do you do any of the above??? any tips, tricks? secrets??
2. has your dog ever burnt his paw??? This is a first for us and we tend to take Rex everywhere…poor guy.
3. do you make any changes to your daily life for the good of the environment??
No is a fine answer, there is no judging here
4. any money saving tips??