I don’t know about you but I hate that we women have to spend a ~week bleeding! sorry I’m blunt. I find I never want to workout on the 1st or 2nd day of my period. Since having Logan the flow is HEAVY for the first 3 days and then basically gone the last 3. I say basically because it’s not gone. That’d be too easy, wouldn’t it mother nature - wouldn’t it!
I hate cramps. <—- does anyone else’s insides feel like they’re about to have a baby?! because I could’ve sworn I wasn’t pregnant. Oh ya, that’s right…..I’m being cursed every month I’m at a reproductive age I hate that men will never understand our hormones or our pain.
Well here it is guys!
Ali Mc’s tips for dealing with a girl on her “.”
- everything we do is normal so stop thinking we’re crazy! it’s completely normal to smile, yell, cry and laugh all in the span of 2 mins when you’re experiencing the time of the month….so roll with it.
- when we ask you to go to the store for pads, tampons, panty liners and the like – don’t ask questions. Just GO! and you can ask the pharmacist the questions when you get there.
- don’t ever forget what kind of brand of menstrual products we use. That’s right! it’s the age of technology – get your smart phones out, raid the cabinet under the bathroom sink and start writing it out. I’m talking pain killers, tampons, everything!
- if we are a mother (to children and/or animals) it is implied that our job caring for them has ended once you arrive home and that you are to take over.
- if I want you to cuddle me but then I yell and cry and tell you to leave me alone. Leave, but make sure you return in a few minutes when my mind changes back to wanting you there AND you have chocolate <— preferably dark. Maybe ice cream too.
- Finally – never judge us during this time. We know you THINK you can relate, that you’ve had worse pain, that you believe cramps to be the same as getting kicked in the balls. Well, I’m here to tell you that’s all lies. You will never know pain like us – so smile, love us and bring chocolate.
Thanks guys you’re the best!
Speedwork? ya I was loving the idea of hills. Parts of me wishing I was running them, the other more logical side saying “are you serious girl? you know you’re hemorrhaging right!?” I know lots of you hardcores must workout throughout your whole menstrual cycle but for me – I usually have a day or two in there where that just ain’t happening.
Last night was one of those days. I just couldn’t do it.
So needless to say I missed my run. Part of me was beating myself up for not going while the other part was being too positive and cheerful for my own likely. I opted for self-pity and had a hot shower and watched more Olympics while eating granola and covered in a blanket.
I feel much better today and hope to get the massive list of things that is my life done by 4pm today! wish me luck
1. do you get bad menstrual cramps??
They used to be way worse. So much so that I had to be on prescription drugs to counter them. However now simple advil or IBu profen works…..as long as you medicate in the small window of opportunity otherwise it’s game over.
2. is your significant other understanding??
Mine is great at 90% of things but compassion is not one of them. I think it’s because I’m so demanding and needy that he’s just given up. I keep telling him we’re married and therefore getting chocolate and tampons is a husbanly duty
3. what is the food you most crave on your period??
dark chocolate hands down!
4. who’s running today???
I’m not. I’m cycling and doing the latest ZWOW I’m excited. I’ll be running on Sunday for sure and hopefully get some hills in maybe tonight or tomorrow.