First off – THANK YOU
You all have a friend in me, that’s for sure! Thanks for not only being supportive, but sharing your personal stories too. It was really nice to see that I’m not alone and that all of us ‘cool’ people have issues developing friendships
Let’s lighten the mood and end the week off right by doing a classic “update” post!
1. Colin used the tiger balm……it ended with similar results to my own experience. NOT GOOD. Tiger balms strategy seems to be burnt the completely crap out of your skin so that your muscles no longer have pain.
* I’m the best wife – Colin loves when I sneak into the bathroom and take blog photos of him in the shower ….he really does
2. I went to the Dr’s – he shot my arm with a vaccine (I needed tetanus and whooping cough apparently) that has literally left me feeling like I got punched in the arm. It’s been days and I seriously can’t feel my upper shoulder. Not to mention I’ve had a headache that won’t go away and I’ve been sleeping a lot….hmmmmmm
* does your doctors office have so many pamphlets on his bulletin board???? mine literally just leaves everything on his…..he has his children’s art in there …..his children are older than I am now ;P
3. Smoker’s Helpline contacted me and asked if I’d be up for doing a couple interviews about my quitting smoking journey. I agreed. Then I found out it’s actually for a Korean documentary and that I’ll most likely have subtitles below me
* Still I’m excited to share my story. Good luck decoding my slang, crap-tastic English
4. Logan has been the worst child ever. I seriously feel like I’m going insane and my patience is wearing thin. It’s like he’s literally just given up on human communication and now only screams at me. I am all for hearing your suggestions of how to handle this – I’ve been ignoring bad behaviour (unless it’s timeout worthy, like throwing stuff at me) and rewarding/encouraging good behaviour. I’m ready for this stage to be over!
* It’s only 8:30am and we’ve already had 2 timeouts and 3 meltdowns. (!!) emotions are strong things. I just want to be able to give him the proper tools to deal with them.
5. I made a clean eating pumpkin pie “blizzard” and I just can’t wait for a real one!!! I’m going to try and go get one early today….I’ll let you know if I succeed! For those of you that don’t know – it’s my most favourite treat EVER!
* for those interested I simply mixed, Greek yogurt, pumpkin purée, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and rolled oats – yum!
…..ya so those are my 5 things. I know, super interesting and deep aren’t they I also wanted to let you guys know that yesterday I did end up doing my speedwork and I actually ran one of my miles in under 8mins!!!! which hasn’t happened in over 8 months
Logan couldn’t believe it either!
I needed to sleep again this morning but I know I’ll get my 10 mile cycle in at some point AND I hope to go back to 100% morning workouts next week
Including daily yoga, foam rolling and religious post-run stretching. I guess that was actually like 6 or 7 things….oops!
1. what is your go to muscle pain product??? do you have one??
Epsom salt baths!!! foam roller and Bengay
2. vaccines – yay or nay?? why??
I just listen to whatever my doctor tells me. He delivered me and I’ve trusted him my whole life. He’s always really awesome about telling me when he hasn’t got a clue and always refers me to wherever I need to go so I trust him shooting me with needles.
3. MOMS – help me!!!!!!! what is with almost 3!!! I’m literally left staring down at a screaming kid for over 50% of my day ;P
4. favourite guilty pleasure in treat form??
you know mine