I’ve officially stopped trying to not eat sugar. It was the biggest mistake I’ve made on my road to healthier eating. I told you all the reason I thought I was succeeding at making healthier choices was because I was taking everything slow. Not judging myself and still indulging if I felt like it.
Striking sugar started off pretty well….but then it was one timbit, then an ice cream sandwich, then a piece of wedding cake….then another
* yes, that definitely says what you think it does – my siblings love me I swear: note to self – do not get up to go to the bathroom during a meal, ever. PS: grandma I’m sorry you had to see this
Trying to strike sugar did open my eyes to all the sugar that’s in all the processed food, things I wasn’t even aware of. I definitely noticed a difference in my energy levels and mood, but in the long run depriving myself from things I wanted made me take a HUGE slide backwards…..all of a sudden I was eating tons of grains, less vegetables, eating poorly and now I feel like crap. It really sucks.
* I think I ate over 5 pizzas this month
So I am not going to completely get rid of anything ever again….unless it happens naturally and it’s what I want. I hated that feeling of deprivation…Not to mention that literally EVERYone I had to decline sugar in front of thought I was a pretentious douche
* For the record I am NOT watching my weight – as mentioned to a fellow blogger – I am trying to eat better so I no longer have to “tuck” myself into my pants while doing a plank – moms you know what I’m talking about
I think for me it’s just better if I take it slow. It just works for me. Now I’m eating like complete crap! I think I ate chocolate chips, cookies, cake and chips yesterday! which hasn’t happened in a long time.
Now I have to go all the way back to square one…starting with homemade oatmeal this morning
I’m not going to get down on myself about it but I definitely wish I was back where I was prior to this sugar strike, eating cleaner meals and feeling good inside and out
1. ever tried to strike anything out completely?? how’d it go??
2. has anyone ever left you a vulgar message in your food??
hopefully no one takes that to heart. When my sibs and I get together we’re so used to using vulgar humor as a coping mechanism that we never actually get hurt feelings…..numb we are
3. what was/is your workout today??
I did 2 solid ZWOW workouts and they totally kicked my trash. I am hoping to get some yoga in later on and hopefully a nice walk with my cousin Lyndz