Just a short post for you guys today but look what’s officially up in my basement now…..
Upper body workouts just got a whole lot sexier!!!
I’m sure there are some of you that find this an odd thing to own but you haven’t lived until you’ve worked the pole! You instantly take your self-esteem to new heights when you flip upside-down on a pole. The laundry basket and the random junk just adds to the mood of the room doesn’t it ??
If you think I’m a slut for having such a thing you need to slap yourself into the 21st century …or I could do it for you ….
but on a serious note, you are allowed to think whatever you’d like it’s not my call how you perceive things, that’s yours.
I just wanted to shed some light on this form of fitness because I am a huge advocate of it. After having Logan I signed up for pole fitness classes and I can’t even tell you how it changed the way I felt about myself. I think it’s hard for women (especially moms) to feel sexy about themselves and nothing says sexy like a brass pole. Add in some killer arm and full body workouts done to club music and it’s a match made in heaven.
I LOVE POLE!
I bet even some of you strong upper-bodied women would have a difficult time on this bad boy – local peeps, you are more than welcome to come over for a pole party
EDIT: An anoynomous male reader wrote to me and asked if I could publish 3 tips for women from a man’s perspective about feeling sexy in a relationship…
- If you don’t feel sexy, don’t assume your husband/boyfriend doesn’t think you are sexy already. Guys aren’t good at expressing it.
- If you aren’t interested in sex, don’t assume it’s not important to your husband/boyfriend. They may be frustrated and not letting you know.
- Just because guys act all tough, don’t assume they don’t like affection (non-sexual), like long hugs. If you avoid affection to avoid sex, that makes your significant other feel unwanted all together.
1. what makes you feel sexy??
I think I’ve asked this question before because, as mentioned, feeling sexy is very important to me. To be honest, that’s one of the reasons I absolutely LOVE XLMIC I hope to still feel sexy when I’m her age and I am happy that 30 is right around the corner for me and I still feel like “I’ve got it”
2. have you ever been on a pole?? would you??
as mentioned in this post, I worked at a gentlemen’s club (judge away, I’ve heard it all) and I’ve also taken up to level 5 in pole fitness classes. It’s been a while since I was on a pole (excluding the day we took these photos) but I can’t wait till Colin puts the tile down and I can rock out on it again!
PS: I always wear workout clothes while on the pole – not lingerie (for those that are curious)
3. do you do any “weird” forms of exercise??? dancing in your room in the buff definitely counts!