I literally found this recipe on the Campbell’s website and made a few small changes. I was in the need for something super quick and easy but that would feed all of us and leave some leftovers for Colin’s lunch This definitely did the job and I thought it was really tasty.
- 1 can of cream of mushroom condensed soup.
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 cups pasta of your choice (prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- chicken seasoning
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions: drain and set aside – I used rotini
- Thaw chicken and chop into bite-sized pieces. In a medium skillet cook chicken over medium heat with chicken seasoning or rub and the other herbs and spices of your choice.
- Grate cheeses & pre-heat oven to 400F
- In a medium-sized casserole dish mix the cooked pasta, chicken, condensed soup, milk and veggies together.
- Stir in all of the parmesan cheese and half of the cheddar.
- Put in the oven on the center rack and cook for 20-25 mins.
- Stir and place the remaining cheese on top – cook until melted.
- Serve hot and with some leafy greens and a nice bread.
1. what’s your go-to easy meal??
2. do you like casseroles??
I never used to, but I think that’s because older people never add enough flavour ……or cheese 😉 now I make a lot of them and love them!