GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED – THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING.
If you are interested in learning more about eload or purchasing some please visit their website.
A while back I was given some free samples from e load. I was excited about trying some of the stuff because they were going to be supplied at the Road2Hope half marathon that I raced in Hamilton. When I looked further into their products I liked them even more; no artificial flavours, preservatives, resistant starch. Plus they’re nut free and gluten free!
* for those of you that recall, I posted this picture on my fb page and all that commented just got an extra entry 😉
I was given a box of e load epaks in the berry twist flavour and 2 bottles of their energy gel (one natural apple, one natural tangerine) I only ever tried the apple one.
So the run down……
“e load™ Energy Gel contains the carbohydrates Dextrose and Maltodextrin. The Maltodextrin is derived from ‘waxy maize’ cornstarch, which has only amylopectin, and no amylose content, and therefore does not contain any traces of resistant starch.
e load™ Energy Gel uses maltodextrin derived from ‘waxy corn’ a.k.a ‘waxy maize’ amylopectin starch, which has a high GI. This allows for rapid absorption of all carbohydrate to permit glycogen sparing, essential for preventing “bonking”. It also ensures that there will be no resistant starch present in the large intestine to cause gastrointestinal upset, especially when exercising in the heat.
e load™ Energy Gel uses a waxy maize derived maltodextrin with a Dextrose Equivalent of (DE) of 10, to provide a readily available carbohydrate sources with low relative sweetness.
The all natural flavors enhance the taste of e load™ Energy Gel without adding artificial products and highly concentrated syrups which can cause gastrointestinal upset during exercise in the heat.
Each packet of e load™ Energy Gel contains a 4:1 ratio of sodium to potassium. This matches the ratios of electrolytes lost in human sweat.”
I like that it seems obvious that e load has our health in mind here. They aren’t bloating our intestines with resistant starches or filling us up with thick syrups.
Truth be told other than trying the gel before some of my long runs I didn’t use it much. The reason being I had no idea how to use it. *blush* <— I know! what kind of a runner am I? I had only had gels in individual packs before (which e load DOES sell) and I actually had to ask Charlene from e load how to carry it on my long runs. That’s why I was so excited to get my HydraPak GelBot (which is not affiliated with eload) because then I could actually test my e load apple gel on the run!
Things I liked:
- Now that I have something to hold my gel in for my long runs I actually like that I can buy it in a big convenient bottle. (less waste makes a happier world, and thus a happier Ali Mc)
- I liked the taste it was kind of like an apple jolly rancher which happen to be my favourite flavour.
- I had no stomach issues when I used the product.
- I love that it’s Canadian because I enjoy giving money to my own economy.
- I liked that it wasn’t as thick compared to other gels I had used before. It makes it go down smoother.
What I didn’t love:
- I didn’t like how runny it was at first. However as mentioned above, it actually makes it go down easier while running.
- They must MUST create a chocolate flavour.
Sports Drink Endurance Formula:
- available in easy to transport powder form
- in single serve (16.8 fl oz/500 ml) e paks ™ (boxes of 20 servings)
- Natural Lemon, Strawberry or Mandarin Orange flavors
- water resistant packaging makes for easy use ‘in the field’
- contains Dextrose, Sucrose, Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc and MultiCitrate ™
Things I liked:
- I LOVED how the Berry Twist tasted!
- I loved how the drink is clear. It’s so nice not to have colour additives in this product.
- It had even better ingredients than Pedialite and I gave it to Logan when he was sick – no issues, he loved it.
- Went down better than gatorade ever did!
- Easy to use.
- Loved the convenient packs but also love that you can buy the big canisters.
Things I didn’t love:
- No issues.
I’d love it more if you guys could make tablets so there’d be less waste<— apparently they DO have tablets…..check them out here!
I wish that I had tried e load while racing my half with macnic. I told her that I hated performance stuff while racing. I’ve had such bad experiences with gatorade while racing that I didn’t want to risk it. However in hindsight I think I should’ve went for some just to compare. I bet it wouldn’t have had the same reaction.
e load is a vegan friendly, gluten free, nut free and additive free product alternative that tastes great and is a lot smoother than it’s competition. It’s Canadian made and easy to use. I highly recommend trying it. If you’d like more information about all their lab testing and nutritional info please visit their site.
e load was nice enough to send me 2 of everything so I have one bottle of Natural Tangerine Performance Gel and a whole box of Berry Twist Endurance Formula up for grabs to one lucky winner!!!
* pumpernickel rye in the background not included 😉
- leave me a comment below telling me what appeals most to you about this product!
- Like eload on facebook and tell them what flavour you want to try
- Share this giveaway! (plus one for each way you share)