GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED!!! Thank you to all that participated. If you are interested in purchasing your own PowerSox please check out their website.
When I was offered the chance to review some of PowerSox technical socks I was stoked! I have only ever heard great things about them and I don’t want to spoil anything but I wasn’t let down – their socks are great!
I was sent 4 pairs in two different colours of their Thick and Thin Colour Block Liner Socks and I kid you not I have been in them since I got them. All the time. Even when not exercising.
BEST. SOCKS. EVER!
Here are the specs: (from their website)
- Hydrotec® Moisture Wicking Yarn
- Half Cushion Construction
- Arch Support
- Hand Link Toe Seams
- Moisture Management
- 41% Hydrotec® Polyester, 44% Nylon, 11% Polyester, 4% Spandex
- Exclusive of Ornamentation (ie: no decorations – these babies shine all on their own)
They retail for $10.99 for a 2 pack. But they’re on sale right now!!!
* Unfortunately you can’t really tell that I’m wearing my PowerSox, but I wore them for the Santa Shuffle, and my last 10k and basically every time I ran
I am actually wearing these socks as I type this and my feet feel cozy and warm. These are a spectacular sock! I really enjoyed them, so much so that I’ll definitely be buying more when they finally ship to Canada!
- Loved the added cushioning in the toe box and heel. Even though it compressed as I wore mine you can definitely still feel it forming to your foot.
- The above makes these socks SUPER COMFY!
- Pretty looks and colours aside these socks were made to perform! I ran every run and race in them (even over my TC compression socks for added warmth in the cold weather) and they never chafed me once!
- No blisters! – and no slide down. <— runners you know what I mean, ever had those ankle socks that just won’t stay up? these are NOT them
- Arch support band is similar to all other technical socks and performs the same.
- Feels seem free and material is nice both inside and out!
- Wicks away sweat like a pro! I have had no odor issues, no chafing issues and no sweat issues. Performance is top notch!
* outside is smooth and slick and inside is fluffy and comfy! much different than other tech socks that are the same both inside and out.
SERIOUSLY – my most favourite socks I’ve ever had on my feet! Both technical and non.
Normally I have a what I didn’t love section but I’m scrapping here. This is a GREAT product. Which makes my job a lot easier So if I’m completely honest….
What I didn’t love:
- The material balled a bit when washed however – only in one of my pink pairs.
I have no clue whether it was just that pair or if perhaps those are the ones I’ve been wearing the most – as I kid you not: I’ve been wearing them all every day for this past month!! It should be noted that I have also been tossing mine in the dryer to dry fully – not low tumble as specified. * bonus they don’t shrink like Wright Socks YAY!!!!
Bottom Line: I think the Thick and Thin Colour Block Liner PowerSox are a great choice for runners. They provide nice cushioning in both the toe and heel while maintaining the performance standard in the industry: wicking away sweat and staying put while knocking back the miles. A great pick for anyone who prefers to have their cake and eat it too! These socks are looking after your feet so you don’t have to. I LOVED them!
PowerSox has offered to give one lucky reader a pair of their very own!!!!! YAY!!! To enter check out the details below….
To Enter: (leave a separate comment for each thing you do)
mandatory – leave me a comment below telling me which colour you’d choose!
Giveaway closes on Sunday January 13th and a winner will be posted on Monday GOOD LUCK!!
* if you don’t have fb just leave me a comment telling me you don;t and enter away!!!