Thank you all for your non-judgmental comments, similar stories and confessing emails yesterday. It meant a lot to me I am really happy to have that all out on the table.
Anyway, last week I did my first 5 things Friday and I liked it so I’m dong it again Please feel free to link up below if you did one
1. I finished all 9 seasons of One Tree Hill – I know! What an accomplishment eh? I’ve begun to realize that I must not ever get addicted to a tv series that is already over. It’s just too easy to watch. The show was pretty cool. It was no Gossip Girl but I did really love that Brooke Davis 😉
PS: there was a guy I used to know way back that NOW that I’ve watched tree hill I’m pretty sure was not only trying to look like Lucas, he was pulling his “OTH moves” on me. Right down to the music selection. Weird.
2. We are going to visit our first home daycare today. I’m really nervous. I’ve been reading so much info and I’ve called some places and selected 4 potential daycare’s. Only one is a true in home one. I’m having big issues finding a place/person that’s flexible enough for my hours. However, we’ve decided that for my 6 weeks F/T training that Logan would probably enjoy playing with other children in a daycare setting. Wish me luck.
3. I haven’t run at all this week. As much as I wanted to dive outside with my runners in yesterday’s fluffy snow, I held back. Not being able to walk after a run is scary and so I’ve been excessively icing and rolling my leg in hopes that if I rest it this week I can get back to running the next. We will see. Don’t worry – I’ll still run ATB with my racing spatulas! I’m stubborn.
PS: is it run or ran?? I always get so confused. They both sound weird.
4. Should you give overly eager people a chance? I’m asking because I contacted this babysitter and she emailed me 3 times while I was at work, continuously requesting I get back to her. This immediately turned me off. I then replied, said I was at work and then told her I would contact her by Thursday. She emailed me again! and then she emailed me yesterday (thursday) asking if I still wanted to meet her. I think the last email is completely fair but the first explosions of emails really freaked me out. I don’t want someone that isn’t professional looking after my son. Why so eager? Am I just over-reacting? (PS: she is 25 ie: not a child)
5. I love that my mom gave me her waffle iron! I seriously love making my own waffles! I feel so cool. Egos you can take a back seat because now I know how to make your rectangular cousins! I think I could eat waffles all day. I just used a mix this last time but there are some amazing recipes for healthier waffle option out there! The possibilities are endless. I think that’s why I love them
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Please share my race! I really wanted to double my participants from last year!!!!
what are your 5 things??
would you give that overly eager babysitter a chance? or do you think she’s overly eager because she can’t get a job??
I know I sound mean, but I tend to judge people based on their professional interactions. Though I’ve never been label “professional” I definitely know how to conduct myself around a potential employer and I was just turned off. <— actually this settles it! I’m turned off. She lost her chance.
Any tips for finding the best child care provider??
What was the last tv series you completed watching??