GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. Thank you for your participation. If you’re interested in purchasing Tommie Copper products please visit their website.
Thanks, Ali Mc
Hey RwS readers, Colin here
My knees always bother me during exercise and I was wearing her knee sleeves and she was complaining about my “man legs stretching them” so I was excited for my own pair. So was Alison.
With 1 week until the Around the Bay Road Race I was a little worried. My knee had been bothering me a little bit and there wasn’t much time to do a review of them but 2 days after sending in the size that I needed, they arrived. That was fast!!
After I opened the package I had an idea of what to expect since Ali already had a pair. Not what I thought! They were a new colour Crimson. At first i didn’t like the colour but that passed and they grew on me.
From their website:
Tommie Copper’s comfortable knee compression sleeve provides support for joint and muscle pain, helping you to move more comfortably and aids in sport performance and muscle recovery.
- Wickable fabric keeps skin dry
- Aids perfomance
- Gentle effective compression allows for 24 hour use, even while asleep
- Silicone under the top band helps sleeve stay in place
- Comfortably and discreetly wear under pant or dress
- Machine washable. Do not use bleach, fabric softeners.
- Sold individually
- $24.50 each
- Colours: Gray, Blue, Crimson, Black
- Sizes: S – XXXL
They arrived on Tuesday and it wasn’t until Wednesday, 5 days before the race, that I tried them out. I slipped them on, put on the rest of my gear and headed out for an easy 8 miler.
The first 3 miles were annoying. The sleeves kept falling down so i had to constantly adjust them. I eventually got them to stay put and the rest of the run went well. You have to wear them pretty high up on your thighs.
After the run I noticed that my knee was really bothering me. I later found out that it was ITband related so I had to do a lot of foam rolling and stretching that I was not used to. I havn’t had much problems with injurys since I started to run but with millage increases It was bound to happen. Either way the next 5 days I wore the sleeves pretty much all day at work and while I slept at night.
With that, rolling my leg out and stretching, it seemed to really help out immensely. I noticed that my knees weren’t as tight in my joints and the discomfort in my sore muscles were relieved almost instantly.
Overall I have been impressed with their product and the help that it has provided. They really helped with my 30 km race and didn’t move at all. Two Thumbs Up!
What I liked
- Even though I wanted the black ones I really ended up liking the Crimson.
- Once I got the sleeves on correctly they were very comfortable to run in.
- Could move very easily in them and they weren’t restrictive.
- Didn’t bother me while I slept. I actually didn’t even notice them.
- Definitely noticed relief from knee pain during recovery.
What I didn’t like
- They didn’t seem to stay put as well as I would have liked. After I figured out the sweet spot they didn’t move. Maybe I got the sizing wrong? I don’t know.
- I would like to see silicone under the bottom band, so they don’t slide up as well.
- I’m happy with the product and the performance of their compression gear. Once I figured them out they were very comfortable to wear. I happy to be a part of the TC family and would definitely recommend their knee compression sleeves to anyone that complains about joint pain or has sore knees after long runs. What I really liked was how comfortable they were while still compressing my muscles.
Tommie Copper was nice enough to give you guys a chance to win a pair too!
BONUS – SHARE THIS GIVEAWAY!
Giveaway closes on Friday April 5th @ 10pm EST. I will post the winner on Saturday. GOOD LUCK!
* Tommie Copper supplied me with this product free of charge but I was not compensated in anyway for the words I expressed*