Happy new year!
Colin and I are loser parents so we didn’t do anything for new years. Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure Colin went to bed before midnight. We sure know how to party.
You guys have missed some pretty interesting things since I haven’t been blogging so I feel it only necessary to do a classic rws photo scroll highlighting all important parts….
1. I turned 31.
2. Everyone got sick (except me) I finally have mom power!
3. There was a massive ice storm….and we lost some tree branches
4. I stopped working out because Christmas was too intense…but then got back at it starting in the new year 😉
5. We lost power during the ice storm. Hudson never realized what happened and thought it must be bed time. We even ended up staying at my moms and all the local Rec Centres were open for refugees. It was that serious.
6. We hosted Christmas. Logan made the cookies for Santa…..and lost his mind when Santa came to our house!!!
7. I finally have gloves I can run and blog with.
8. Logan got a new bed. It’s from IKEA and flips over to make a bunk when he’s a bit older
9. As mentioned, we did nothing for new years. But I read the entire divergent trilogy. The first book is awesome, second is ok. Third was a waste of my time.
10. Hudson got a pacifier that makes him look like Mario. “It’s a me, Mario”
11. I ate more sugar than Willy wonka. There are seriously empty chocolate wrappers all over the house. oops, guess I’m also admitting I’m a slob.
12. My Sister got a puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eska. She’s a husky and she is the cutest. Rex loves her 😀
13. CANADA IS FREEZING. Our water pipes froze and burst so we had been living without water for just short of 5 days.
The aftermath sucks. I won’t lie. Especially since we were just beginning to really utilize the basement and play a lot more down there. Now I’m drying out a wall. But some good things came of it….first we learned how to better conserve water and used snow to wash our dishes 😉
Second we taught Logan some science once we got it back on 😀
That pretty much brings ups to the present time where I can finally do laundry, brush my teeth properly or have a shower. So I’ve been really making up for lost time 😉
How have your been?
Anyone else affected by the extreme cold temps this winter and/or the ice storm 2013??