I am going to use this page to document my past and present training plans. Feel free to steal them but please remember to cite where you got them from, whether that be me or whomever I’m citing.
Thank you – Ali Mc
Around The Bay 30k training plan: I haven’t been training very well for this race. I hope this plan will get me to the finish line. I am still only running 3 times a week and focusing on core strength in my cross training workouts.
Quick 5k Plan: (I’m using this 4 week plan to take me from a half to a potential 5k PR * this plan is not meant for beginners)
My Half Marathon Current Training Plan:
I have decided to take charge of my current slow running pace and sign up for my first half marathon. This is the tentative plan I came up with while trying to incorporate strength, cross training and only having 3 runs a week.
- ZWOW – Zuzana’s workout of the week. I randomly select one and do it.
- EZ – easy runs at a slow 11min – 10:30 pace
- SPEEDWORK – includes a warm up and cool down and 400 meter or 800 meter jogs depending on the workout.
- TEMPO – Includes warm and cool – pace for mid miles is defined on calendar.
- X-TRAIN – cross-training: biking, walking, elliptical, swimming – any other form of cardio. Usually doing it for a minimum of 30 mins and a max of 1 hour.
- LSD – Long Slow Distance Runs. Run at a 11:30 – 11min pace, super slow. Designed to increase stamina.
- YOGA - I recently fell in love with the benefits of Yoga and I started incorporating into my daily workouts. If it’s on the plan it means I do a longer, more vigorous session.
* This is my new and improved 8 week plan – I needed to crack down and start heavier training for the last few weeks before my race. The original plan can be found directly below.
Post Injury – learn to run again plan.
While I was recovering from an SI upslip – groin/hip muscle injury. I created the below 5 week calendar as a means of getting myself back on track. All of the below runs are meant to be run at a slow, easy pace. You should be able to maintain a conversation while running or you’re going too fast.
*This plan is not meant for beginners – this plan can be modified to your own needs depending on how you see fit. Please visit my Disclaimer page, as I accept no responsibility for you using my running schedules.*